Most widely spread slot myths
newsonjapan.com -- Feb 06
Slots are so popular these days, they’ve become home to a few tall tales. But, if you want to be a successful slots player, you need to be able to separate the facts from the fiction.

And the good news is: we’ve decided to make things easier for you by busting some of the most widely spread slot myths. So, let’s begin and learn how to enjoy free slots no deposit real money!

Myth #1: Slots are programmed to have cold streaks and hot streaks.

Fact: Although slots can go through both cold and hot streaks, they’re not programmed to do so. In fact, thanks to random number generators (RNG) – computer chips that randomly select symbols during a game – every spin is random. Thus, even though you may see some strange patterns with a slot in the short-term, results will reflect the return to player (RTP) percentages of that particular game in the long run.

Myth #2: Slots that haven’t paid out in a while are due to pay out soon.

Fact: Because slots boast RNG, they can pay out on any spin. Therefore, it doesn’t matter what happened on the previous spin and the odds stay the same every time you push the spin button.

Myth #3: You can’t do anything to improve your chances in slots.

Fact: Despite the fact that slots are primarily games of luck, there are a couple of things you can do to improve your chances of success. For instance, you can play games with high RTPs as the higher the RTP, the better your odds of winning. Plus, setting a winning ceiling before each slot session can help you walk away with profits in your pockets. You see, most slot players without such as ceiling in place don’t know when to quit and end up handing their winnings back. So, decide on a figure you’d like to take home (e.g., double your deposit) and walk away immediately when your prize money reaches that number or surpasses it.

Myth #4: You can calculate your odds of winning by counting the symbols on the reels.

Fact: As mentioned earlier, the RNG ensures that even though only a few symbols are visible on the reels, thousands of different combinations can appear. The only way to calculate your odds in a slot is by subtracting its RTP from 100%. Take Asgardian Stones slot from NetEnt, for example. It boasts an RTP of 96.31% so the odds are stacked 3.69% in the house’s favour (100- 96.31) in this game.

Myth #5: Using Autoplay decreases your chances of winning.

Fact: Employing the Autoplay feature doesn’t harm your chances in any way. Nevertheless, you should try to use Autoplay sparingly because it speeds up gameplay and can cause you to spend money quickly.

Final Thoughts

We’ve busted 5 popular myths and if you’ve been paying attention, you’ll have no problems separating the myths from reality when it comes to slots. So how about putting your new-found knowledge to good use with your slots friends now?

News source: newsonjapan.com
Aug 15
Japanese couple Rikiya and Ayumi Kataoka had their honeymoon wrecked by the coronavirus pandemic, but their resourcefulness in enforced exile in Cape Verde has won them appointments as ambassadors for its Olympic team. (Japan Today)
Aug 15
In October 1958, William Higinbotham reportedly created the world’s first video game. Since then, however, the global gaming industry has changed drastically. While there are many factors behind the sector’s indisputable growth, Japan's influence can’t be understated. (newsonjapan.com)
Aug 15
As a competitive gamer, it’s important that you put your whole focus on improving your skills and play performance, and not be distracted by body pains or be busy with preventing injuries. (newsonjapan.com)
Aug 14
Japanese right-hander Kenta Maeda earned his 50th career win in the major leagues Wednesday when the Minnesota Twins unleashed their offense in a 12-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers. (Kyodo)
Aug 14
The J-League on Thursday postponed Sagan Tosu's next three league matches after 10 individuals with the first-division side, including manager Kim Myung Hwi tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the league said. (Kyodo)
Aug 14
The government plans to discuss ways to relax movement restrictions for foreign athletes and officials to ensure the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics take place in 2021 after the postponement due to the coronavirus outbreak, sources have said. (Japan Times)
Aug 12
Swimmer Rikako Ikee, who went public with her leukemia diagnosis in February of last year, will return to competition at a Tokyo meet to be held later this month, sources familiar with the matter said Tuesday. (Japan Times)
Aug 12
Akio Ohara reaches into a plastic container and scoops out a beetle that is bigger than his entire hand. (Japan Times)
Aug 11
At first glance, the casino might seem nothing special or out of the ordinary but if you have a keen sense for detail, you’d realize that casinos are among one of the most well-thought-out and purposefully executed architecture out there. (newsonjapan.com)
Aug 10
People in the US will be able to watch Japanese pro baseball games live on cable TV and the internet soon. (NHK)