- Carlos Ghosn’s Japanese lawyers quit after former Nissan chief absconds – Reuters: Japanese attorneys representing Carlos Ghosn, including lead lawyer Junichiro Hironaka, quit on Thursday following the former Nissan chief’s flight to Lebanon from Japan, where he had been fighting financial misconduct charges.
- European Car Sales Surge to Record High – Bloomberg: European car sales jumped to a record in December, fueled by an … Volkswagen AG’s global vehicle deliveries edged higher last year as the world’s … tens of thousands of jobs, according to data compiled by Bloomberg News. Opel …
- Ex-Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn’s lawyer Hironaka resigns: NHK – Reuters: Ousted Nissan Motor Co boss Carlos Ghosn’s lawyer, Junichiro Hironaka, has resigned following his client’s flight to Lebanon, NHK reported on Thursday, citing comments from the lawyer.
- Here’s the fallout from UAW’s 40-day strike against General Motors – Freep: UAW members got higher wages, but no added job security after a 40-day strike against GM. GM, Ford and FCA will get higher average hourly labor costs.
- Hyundai and Kia give UK car industry €100m electric jolt – FT: Hyundai and Kia give UK car industry €100m electric jolt
- Hyundai eyes US with first Genesis SUV – Reuters: South Korea’s Hyundai unveiled the first SUV under its Genesis brand on Wednesday, a move analysts said was crucial for the premium brand’s …