Sports | Mar 18

Shohei Ohtani "Takes Over" Omotesando

TOKYO, Mar 18 (News On Japan) - Tokyo's Omotesando is currently filled with photographs of Shohei Ohtani, with an event organized by a major cosmetics manufacturer enlisting the superstar baseballer as its endorser.

Over 120 photographs of Ohtani line the approximately 1-kilometer stretch from JR Harajuku Station to the Omotesando intersection.

In addition to the massive advertisements on building walls, a special space replicating a locker room has also been set up.

According to the manufacturer, the endorsement of Ohtani has led to a 60% increase in product sales over the past year.

The event will continue until October 14th.

Source: ANN


Kimie Bessho, a legend in wheelchair table tennis, continues her relentless pursuit of strength, undeterred by the challenges life has thrown her way.

The Grand Sumo Yokozuna Deliberation Council convened, and Chairman Masayuki Yamauchi reflected on the spring tournament, where the performance of young wrestlers like Tsunofuji, who achieved the first championship as a new top-division wrestler in 110 years, stood out, saying, "The future of sumo is becoming very bright."

American media outlets have reported that the university which Shohei Ohtani's former interpreter, Ippei Mizuhara, claimed to have graduated from, has no record of his attendance.


Four men have been arrested by Tokyo police for allegedly recruiting women for prostitution in the United States via a website, promising encounters with affluent clients and high earnings.

For the first time in 73 years, Japan has unveiled a newly constructed whaling mother ship, equipped with drone technology for whaling operations in the Antarctic Sea.

The Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) in Nara Prefecture has disciplined its former Youth Division Chief following a controversial dance party incident.

Residents of Japan's oldest student dormitory, self-managed for over 100 years, are digging in as Kyoto University attempts to evict them from the premises.

A Japan Airlines flight en route from Melbourne to Narita Airport encountered sudden severe turbulence on April 1, causing injuries to several cabin crew, including a broken leg.