News On Japan

Spanish YouTuber in Japan Sparks Outrage With Shocking Livestreams

Oct 01, 2025 (News On Japan) - A Spanish tourist in Japan has become the subject of widespread criticism after a series of videos showed him pushing a passenger on a train, firing fireworks at a karaoke shop, and intruding into a shrine, with condemnation spreading even to his home country.

The incident on a train occurred on September 22nd, when the man sat in a priority seat and began livestreaming. A passenger seated behind him approached and, after prodding the man in the chest, told him to quiet down. When the passenger repeated his warning, the streamer suddenly shoved him, knocking him back into his seat. The man shouted, “You better be ready, remember this!” as station staff arrived. He was ordered to move to a seat under the conductor’s supervision, and the delay caused the train to run five minutes late at JR Tosu Station in Saga Prefecture.

The man’s other videos showed further reckless behavior. In one, he fired rocket fireworks toward a karaoke establishment, a dangerous act that could have caused serious injuries. In another, believed to have been filmed at a shrine in Aomori Prefecture, he and his companions entered the building without permission, examined objects inside, and shook the offering box.

The backlash has not been limited to Japan. Comments from Spain included, “This is unforgivable,” and “You attacked a man, no excuse is acceptable.”

Following the uproar, the man posted an apology video online, admitting his actions were “wrong and terrible,” though he insisted that pushing the passenger had been an act of self-defense.

JR Kyushu told the program “It!” that disruptive or unsafe acts inside trains are prohibited and urged passengers to refrain from such behavior. The broadcaster requested an interview with the man, but he has yet to respond.

Source: FNN

News On Japan
POPULAR NEWS

Flooding continued in parts of Chiba Prefecture three days after record-breaking torrential rain, with nine people confirmed dead, one man still missing and authorities estimating that around 1,000 vehicles may have been abandoned across the prefecture.

More than 1,200 vehicles are believed to have been left stranded on roads across Chiba Prefecture after torrential rain caused widespread flooding, with authorities confirming eight deaths and investigating a drainage pump failure at an underpass where a man died.

Japan's weather agency raised the volcanic alert level for Mount Aso in Kumamoto Prefecture from Level 2 to Level 3 on August 14 after volcanic tremors strengthened and gas emissions increased sharply, warning people to stay away from areas within about 2 kilometers of the Nakadake No. 1 crater.

Typhoon No. 17 was moving east near Minamitorishima on August 14 and is expected to continue weakening before becoming a tropical depression by August 16.

Google opened its first flagship store in Japan in Tokyo's Omotesando district at 2 p.m. on August 13, marking the company's first flagship retail location outside the United States.

MEDIA CHANNELS
         

MORE Society NEWS

A fire that broke out in grassland at a fishing port in Tomamae, northern Hokkaido, spread to an adjacent warehouse and workshop on August 15, burning for about six hours before being brought under control.

An Akita prefectural official has been suspended for six months and demoted two ranks after an investigation found he had joined an online media interview from a love hotel while with a woman who was not his wife, despite initially claiming he was at home because he was unwell.

A 39-year-old father was taken to a hospital in cardiac arrest on August 15 after entering the sea to rescue his two young sons who appeared to be in difficulty off the coast of Toyoura, Hokkaido.

Young people continue to gather at "Gurishita" in Osaka's Minami entertainment district despite persistent risks of drug abuse, prostitution and violent crime, while a nearby support center is operating around the clock during the summer vacation period to help those with nowhere else to turn.

Two pet pythons measuring about 2 meters in length escaped from an apartment in Kawasaki's Tama Ward early on August 13, prompting police and firefighters to search the surrounding residential area and warn local residents.

Fifteen days after the Kumamoto earthquake, restoration of electricity and transport infrastructure is progressing, but thousands of people are believed to remain outside official shelters, while rising construction costs and interest rates are creating new challenges for rebuilding homes and restoring livelihoods.

Two teenage boys from Tokyo's Adachi Ward have been arrested on suspicion of stealing a motorcycle and firing aerial fireworks toward police officers at two police boxes, telling investigators they were annoyed that a new police box had opened in the area.

Hiroko Saito was 19 years old when she left Japan for North Korea in June 1961 with her Korean husband and their one-year-old daughter, persuaded by assurances that they were heading to a "paradise on earth" and that she could return to Japan after three years. Instead, she would spend four decades in North Korea, enduring chronic hunger, the deaths of her husband and children and a desperate struggle to survive before finally escaping and returning home in 2001.